Test performance with Lighthouse
How do you test your site’s performance with Lighthouse?
Lighthouse is a tool that can be used to measure the performance, accessibility, and other aspects of a website. To test your website’s performance with Lighthouse, follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome web browser and navigate to the page you want to test.
2. Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the browser window, then select “More Tools” and then “Developer Tools” or simply use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+I” (Windows, Linux) or “Command+Option+I” (macOS).
3. In the Developer Tools panel, click on the Lighthouse icon located on the left-hand side of the panel or press “Ctrl+Shift+P” (Windows, Linux) or “Command+Shift+P” (macOS) to open the Command Menu, then type “Lighthouse” and select “Generate report”.
4. In the Lighthouse dialog box, select the performance and other relevant options you want to test, then click “Generate report.”
5. After Lighthouse completes its analysis, you will see a report with scores and recommendations for improving your website’s performance, accessibility, and other areas.
By following these steps, you can use Lighthouse to test and optimize your website’s performance, which can help to improve its user experience and search engine rankings.